
When your trial comes, then, put it right into the will of God,
and climb into that will as a little child climbs into it's mother's arms.
- Hannah Whitall Smith -
What do we do with the questions that seem to have no answers?
How do we explain something that makes no sense at all?
Where do we turn for help?
Trials come, and yes, they hurt.
They cause stress and concern.
It helps to know that none of those trials have crept in unnoticed by God.
Not one happens outside of his will.
That's a difficult truth for us to understand.
But as a child trusts her mom to comfort her when life hurts,
so God calls us into his loving arms.
God lovingly ordains all things for our good, the blessings, and the burdens.
Each trial is designed by Him to develop the image of His Son in us.
In our sufferings, He draws us closer to Him.
As Hannah Whitall Smith writes, put your trial
"right into the will of God."
Draw close.
You'll find comfort in his embrace.
Thank you Lord, that I can run to you in the midst of trials and disappointments,
temptations and sorrows ... when my heart is aching and when I'm feeling overwhelmed.
I'm learning to live moment by moment with a grateful heart!
You are good,
You are good,
You're so good to me!

We're going through a difficult family situation right now,
but God has never failed us through any of our trials, nor will He ever!
Please pray for peace in the midst ... thank you all!
Hugs,
- debi xoxo

Dearest Debi, I was over on Xanga, and saw that you had posted here. So I came right over here. I'm still nowhere else but on Xanga. When the time comes (if it does) to move, I'll have to make a decision then. Too busy to worry about that now.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying with you.
Love you... Carolyn
Thank you, my dear friend! I most definitely covet your prayers, too! So glad you found me here, and I do hope when the end of the month comes and Xanga either switches over, or closes, you will find a new home here on the web. I totally understand how busy life can be and blogging is a bit further down on the list of things to do ... I've not been here all that much, either, but I hope you'll visit again!
DeleteBlessings my friend!
Love you too!
-Debi <><
I love Hanna's books too. Great Post!
ReplyDeleteBlessings'
Sharon
so do i, sharon! thanks so much for dropping by ...
Deletehope you're staying cool! have a wonderful weekend!
blessings to you, my friend!
Hi Deb
ReplyDeleteI have missed your posts. Prayers...
oh my, sunnysusan!! how are you, my friend?! it's been so long and it's good to see you here! hope you're doing well, and i'd love it if you'd follow along with me by clicking that little blue 'join this site' box up there ^ on the right ... it will be like the old days on xanga! besides, i would be so happy to see more pretty faces in those little squares! lol! yes, they finally closed their doors over there, on thursday, around midnight i am told. a new one is supposedly coming soon ... just have to wait and see! anyway, i'll pop over to your blog here and see how you're doing, and follow you, too! and thank you ever so much for your prayers ... they are truly needed for my family right now!
DeleteOh Debi! I missed this! I am so sorry, for some reason I don't think it came through my feeds, I need to double check my bloglovin too.
ReplyDeleteWhatever it is you are going through in your family I know the Lord knows all about it, and I know you are just loving and trusting the Lord through it, what a beautiful testimony you are Debi.
I sure will be praying dear friend, you can count on that.
Big hugs to you, Love, Amelia P.S. I replied to your sweet, sweet comment on my site. <3
so glad you did see it, amelia! i know that blogger can be funny in that way ... sometimes my feed has nothing in it on here so i wait until they reappear! i saw you reply to my comment, and thank you so much! i also just saw that ann has a new book out and i'll be getting that one, too!
Deletei want to thank you so much for your prayers ... my son and his wife need them desperately right now. we want to jump in and make things all right, but we can't, so we reach out for others to join us in prayer for God's intervention! thank you for joining me, my friend! and thank you for this sweet comment ... it is encouraging to me! i'll lbe over this weekend to read your latest post, too! i caught a glimpse of it and can totally relate about the blessings we receive when we give of ourselves to others! hugs to you dear friend, and i'll 'see' you soon!
oh, and i hope you get this ... i get an email when someone comments on my site, hopefully you do too! let me know by replying to this below if you do! <3
Thanks for stopping by -- I agree, why pay for Xanga when we have free posting now! I'm sorry your family is going through a trial right now but God is bigger than our trials and we just have to pray and trust Him. God bless you
ReplyDeletethank you so much for the return visit, jo-ann! i'm just now catching up on here and i'm sorry i haven't replied sooner! i have been over on the 'new' xanga, and it's nothing like the 'old' one at all! this is much easier, but i did notice, that even though i haven't paid for it, i still can get onto my site ... not many of my friends left there though, so i will be staying here. thank you so much for your prayers and encouraging words! God is faithful to bring us through the difficulties, and we are seeing Him working every day! blessings to you!
Deletedebi, how i understand those questions that seem to have no answers. that feeling of looking up and wondering, "God?" but lately i feel i'm seeing more and more that it's these hard things that keep me running to Him. necessary even. as much as i hate them and want everything easy and smooth, i know there's a depth and knowledge of Him that only comes through pain. keep pressing into Him as you are. i loved how you talked of Him absorbing your burdens! what a great visual - He just soaks them right up!
ReplyDeletethoughts. prayers. hugs. and remember, you're not alone in this journey!
oh amber ... i haven't been here in awhile, so much has been going on, but still i do want to thank you for these sweet words that you left so many months ago! and yes, i can so relate about how the trials of life bring us to a new place and knowledge in Him! there truly is treasure in the trials we go through! i have a new desire for His presence every day ... to bury myself in His Word, and allow it to grow in me! thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and precious hugs, amber! i'll drop over to see you very soon ... either from this site, or my threads of faith wordpress blog. blessings to you, sweet friend!
DeleteP.S. i hope you will see this, and if so, leave a reply and i'll get a follow-up email letting me know!